Work Package II Dissemination
EuCornea work package leader
ESCRS, EuCornea and EEBA sit at the hub of an authoritative dissemination network and offer a unique forum for discussion and learning which ensures that international expertise is shared by ophthalmologists all over Europe. This is accomplished by organising annual international conferences, developing educations programmes and tools for ophthalmologists, maintaining Society news and educational websites, publishing ophthalmic news magazines and peer reviewed scientific journals.
All partners are involved and will be committed to:
– Promote the philosophy of quality Registries and the Europe-wide network and importance of the registry aiming to
– report a unique overview of information, concerning Cornea and Cell Transplantation across Europe
– Disseminate the project activities at International level
ECCTR will be promoted at the following international Congresses:
– XXXIV Congress of the ESCRS and EuCornea, 10-14 September 2016. Bella Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
– XXXV Congress of the ESCRS, Lisbon, 7-11 October 2017. FIL – International Fair of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
– XXXVI Congress of the ESCR and EuCornea, 22-26 September 2018. Reed Messe, Vienna, Austria
– EEBA Annual meeting for 2017 and 2018
Instructional course for doctors during the ESCRS and EuCornea congresses will be organized
It is planned to organise a ECCTR instructional course at the medical congresses of the ESCRS and
The course content will address: ECCTR purpose, background and design, presentation of the ECCTR system, tools for clinical improvement, output from the ECCTR system for benchmarking, concluding remarks
All partners aim to organise a final conference for disseminating the findings of the project and the evidence based European Guidelines for Corneal Transplant Surgery.
The high profile conference will be targeting policy makers, health authorities and accreditation bodies and will involve the participation of key people in Europe working in the field of Cornea Transplantations.